DOMICILIARY CARE ASSISTANT – Reading, Berkshire
Sylviancare is always looking for talented new carers.
Care workers have the chance to make a real difference to people’s lives, both at home and supporting them in the community. This is a role that varies from day-to-day, helping the more vulnerable in our society, offering a sense of satisfaction that is difficult to match.
Care Workers are responsible for meeting the support requirements of the clients, in a way that respects the individual and promotes their independence. You would be expected to travel (drive) to the clients’ own home and assist them with daily tasks as agreed between by the client and the company.
The type of support that you can expect to be providing is no different to what would reasonably be given by a member of the person’s family. For instance, you may be providing personal care and support or domestic support.
We are looking for applicants that possess the following qualities:
- Caring and sensitive to the needs of others
- Good communication skills (ability to speak English at least at level B1)
- The ability to use your own initiative
- Having the ability to communicate effectively
- Self-motivated and well-organized
Your benefits as an employee:
- Excellent pay rates
- Flexible hours to suit your availability
- 28 days pro-rata annual leave entitlement
- Regular customers, so you can get to know each other
- Shifts are allocated and sent to Care Workers, prior to the start of the working week
- Full training and induction
- Ongoing free training, development and supervision
- Free uniform and supplies including ID Card, lanyard, gloves and other protective items
- The opportunity to work in differing social care areas to broaden your experience and develop new skills
- The opportunity to obtain qualifications whilst you work
- Excellent internal communication, including regular team meetings
- Unique teamwork structure
- You will receive comprehensive support and back up, both in the field and in the office, from friendly and professional colleagues
- Real opportunity to progress to more senior positions.
- Support with accommodation
- Company car
- Fuel card
Applications are welcomed by CV, please email email@example.com